BlueCreation announces the release of its ultra-low power BC188 Wi-Fi module for production
Cambridge, 16th October 2015:
BlueCreation, a leading provider of wireless modules and solutions, has announced today the release of BC188, its ultra-low power Wi-Fi module. BC188 is uniquely positioned to address the Internet of Things (IoT) with an exceptional set of advantages:
· Powerful Architecture: Based on a 200Mhz ARM Cortex M4 and with 512k RAM with a complete embedded TCP Stack with HTTP, IPV4/V6, WPA/WPS.
· Advanced Features: BC188 enables advanced features such as secure over the air firmware upgrade, simultaneous softAP/Client. It also includes a Webserver, a file system and supports the Apple HomeKit as an option for Apple MFI licensees. The BC188 includes a LUA interpreter so customers can write their own code for standalone operation using simple LUA scripts.
· Low Power: BC188 includes several power modes to adapt to usage automatically without the need for customers to worry about optimisation. BC188 consumes down to 92µAmp in Wi-Fi mode and 36 µAmp in shutdown mode.
· Ease of Use: BC188 includes a hosted Webserver so it can be controlled without the need to develop code. It can also be accessed over the Cloud or simply from the UART interface. BC188 can be set-up and running in a matter of minutes.
· Cloud and Applications: BC188 comes with Cloud support and software as well as ready Application to speed development time and time to market. As for BC127 and BC118, BC188 firmware can be customised to specific customer needs.
· Fully certified Hardware: BC188 comes FCC, CE and IC certified in a small form factor with integrated antenna (22mm x 15.5mm x 1.5mm). It has the ability to connect an additional antenna for Antenna diversity.
“The ever increasing market developing around the Internet of Things (IoT) is reliant on complete powerful, future proof and easy to implement solutions to speed time to market,” commented Rafik Jallad, Director of BlueCreation. “With BC188, we think we have released an incredibly simple and powerful solution. We are terribly excited to get this module into the hands of engineers who will appreciate how innovative this module is in so many ways”.
“We watch with great excitement achievements of the companies based at our centre,” said Dr Soraya Jones, Entrepreneur in Residence at St John’s Innovation Centre, the regional centre of excellence supporting high growth businesses. “BlueCreation’s engineering team continues to pioneer the fully integrated Wi-Fi connectivity solutions and we look forward to their next cutting-edge developments”.
BlueCreation is the leading provider of Bluetooth modules and solutions to connect to SmartPhone and portable devices. BlueCreation modules and software are deployed in over one million devices including wireless speakers, headsets, automotive infotainment systems, industrial application as well as general consumer electronics. More information can be found at www.bluecreation.com. Keep up to date with BlueCreation on our blog www.bluecreation.com/ourblog/ or on Twitter @bluecreation1.